I have a hard time even printing the words "the Hovey's are leaving". I knew the day would come.. but I convinced myself that something would happen and they would stay. The chances of them actually getting to WA state was such a slim chance, that when it happened I figured they were destined to stay. Well, the day has come and I have to face it. They ARE leaving (can you hear me crying??) Hopefully they'll be back in 8 years when Major Dad retires from the USMC, and that is the thought that I will hold on to. Until then, we'll be visiting them in Monterey and Virginia, and hoping that they make some trips up here to see us too. Oh - and hopefully Mrs. Major Mom will update her blog a little more frequently.
Saturday we had the gang over here to say goodbye. We'll all miss you Hovey Family!!
The girls - lets see, in 8 years they will be 16, 14, 12, and 11 - now that is SCARY!

I won't even type how old we'll be... but the little ones will be 9 - OMG!!

The whole gang.
3 comments:
You make me laugh...you make me cry...I will miss you all more than you know. I can't stand this. CAN'T. STAND. IT. And I think Erik won't be able to stand me much longer if I don't pull myself out of this dark hole I'm climbing into! :)
But I do think I will find great joy from here forward in calling myself "Mrs. Major Mom". Love that.
Hoveys - you will be missed!!! Hopefully we'll all be able to come visit you in CA and VA and that we'll still all get together when you're in WA. Jami - thanks for not posting how old we'll be. I'm sure the 8 years will fly by!
Hoveys - You will definitely be missed! So sad that you are leaving but I am sure you will love to see the sunshine again!
Jami - great post!
Post a Comment