Well, here I am at 38weeks. I officially survived the hottest temps EVER in Seattle while 9.5months pregnant. I am looking forward to the day when I can tell the story of this whole experience to this little boy's kids, kind of like I heard stories of my grandpa walking for miles in the snow to school. "When I was 9.5 months pregnant with your dad, Seattle had the longest and hottest heat wave in the ENTIRE HISTORY of TIME..." I can conveniently leave out the fact that I broke down and pleaded with my sister in law to let us sleep in her wonderfully air-conditioned house, just like my grandpa convienently left out that a horse-drawn sled picked them up and took them to school. Ok, so maybe it is a little different.. but still THE HOTTEST WEEK EVER!!!!
I had my doctor appt. today and found out that I am 2cm dilated. I have NEVER been 2cm dilated before the day that I go into labor, so I am hoping that it is a sign that he may be a little early.. wishful thinking!

Last night we decided that since it was still in the 90's that it would be a good time to hit Bellevue Square with the girls and go to Build-a-Bear. The girls got to choose an animal that they wanted to give their new baby brother when he arrives.
Typical picture... Claire jumping right in for the first time, and Regen, who has done this atleast 4 other times, stands back with her fingers in her ears.

Rubbing the heart for good luck

Washing Rusty the doggie

Naming Rusty

Showing him off..
2 comments:
Jami - you made me laugh out loud! I'm glad you survived the hottest temps EVER in the HISTORY OF TIME! Glad I did too! :)
I'm sure he'll love rolling his eyes at you every time you tell the story :) Glad you survived!
Post a Comment