Living with two small girls while there is a nest of cute, adorable baby bunnies in the back yard has been interesting and fun. All they want to do is see the bunnies. We have been checking on them almost daily, feeding the momma bunny nightly with carrots. In just under two weeks they have almost doubled in size and it won't be long before they go and live in the 'wild' that is the neighborhood of Chardonnay.
Here they are the day after we found them - we think there are about 5 or 6 in there
Colin building Fort Knox
So far, it has been sucessful at keeping Guinness OUT and momma bunny can find her way in - we see her in the evening go to feed the babies, so we know she can get in. (plus the girls built a carrot trail for her to find her way)
The other day when we went to check on them - Colin lifted up the bush that the nest was under and three baby bunnies shot out and ran. It was a mad dash by me, Regen and Colin to find them. When we did, we had the opportunity to hold them and cuddle them while we could. We were NOT expecting them to get so big so fast. hmmmm - this sounds familiar. I think somewhere the momma bunny is wondering how her babies got so big so fast, and thinking "I could have another one - just one more!"
Regen loves to hold them. She is so gentle and really REALLY wants to keep it.
Claire is actually pretty gentle too
Trent and Parker came over on Saturday to see them - one week after we found them




4 comments:
Those are the cutest little things ever! I'm with Regen - I want to keep one too ;) Hope to see them next time we visit!
That is just about the sweetest thing ever...the bunnies, the girls, Colin building Fort Knox, all of it.
Such a cute picture of Regen holding the bunny!
Ridiculous cute. I love your comment about mama bunny thinking about having another. I can hear her voice in my head from here. I keep telling that mama bunny voice that it is CRAZY! But maybe if mama bunny won the lottery...
Post a Comment