Friday, May 7, 2010

Nostalgia

Today the weather is beautiful, and after couple of weeks of October-like weather in May it was so nice to see and feel the sun. Regen didn't have school so we decided to all go to Farrel McWhirter to see the baby pigs, other farm animals, and play on the tire-swings. (Regen's favorite). As soon as we got out of the car and started walking towards the animals, the girls running in front of me pushing Chase in the stroller, it hit me. The last time we were here I was in LABOR with Chase. All of a sudden I had tears in my eyes and was thinking back to that day 8 months ago. That one day changed our whole little family, and for the better. I don't think any of us can imagine our lives without Chasie in it. I kinda made me - GASP - want another baby. My mind knows that I am nostalgic for that period of my life-having babies-and is just sad that it is over, but my heart - well, I guess my heart is just plain nuts.

Checking out the Chickens


Chase having fun looking at the baby pigs. (doesn't he look like a little boy now?!?!)


Claire usually has to sneak a little kiss in every time she runs by him


The favorite tire swings


Claire kept calling this horse a 'horsie-cow'

5 comments:

Elaine said...

Wow - Jami, so beautifully written. I can relate to how you feel. Beautiful, sweet pictures too.

Kimberly Ellertson said...

Oooh Jami! That just made me get a little choked up. And yes, Chase does look like a little boy now!!

The Arnolds said...

Man its hard to believe it was 8 months ago already! How do our babies grow up so fast? You got yourself a wonderful little family there!

The Doehne Family said...

Ooohhh...isn't it funny how something so simple (like walking into Farrel McWhirter Park) can trigger such a flood of emotions and bring you right back to that moment? Great pictures of the kids...I didn't realize that the piggies were born already - we need to make a trip!

Unknown said...

Your kids are adorable. I know what you are feeling. I've been told by a few other mamas that it comes in waves but never goes away completely. Ahhhhh babies.